Mellor & Townscliffe Golf Club welcome all juniors of all age and ability. You will always be guaranteed a game either in a team or individual competitions.
There’s a dedicated junior committee and helpers to run and assist in a full term programme of golf, including competitions and coaching most weeks.
Mellor recognise the need to develop juniors at their pace and so there are several group programmes to encourage the juniors to progress through the stages. The groups are not age limited and so enable confidence to grow along with ability.
Junior Groups (weekly programme)
- 2 holers – Juniors new to golf will undertake the golf passport and receive assistance each week via help from the professionals and club members.
- 7 holers – juniors that have developed sufficient skill to now with assistance play the first 7 holes
- 12 holers – Juniors that with or without assistance tackle the more demanding first 12 holes
- Pre 18 holers – Male juniors now move to the yellow tees in readiness to move to the white competition tees, girls stay on the red tees.
- 18 holers – Juniors that hold a CONGU held handicap play each week in the junior weekly competition.
The juniors take part in most junior inter club competitions where success has been achieved.
- Derbyshire & Cheshire League & Knockout
- Royal British Legion – Poppy Competition
- Manchester Alliance BMW Williams knockout
- Cheshire Junior Club Challenge
The success of the juniors has resulted in team members progressing to represent Cheshire County.
To complement the extensive golf programme the club hold accreditation and facilities to support the juniors.The New Golf Mark Awarded credentials
Official HSBC Golf Roots Centre
Registered Junior Passport user
Tri Golf and Street golf (soon) equipped
2 PGA Golf Coaches with a combined 30 years of coaching.
A fantastic all year round 18 hole golf course
A foresight golf indoor golf studio with gc2 launch monitor and hmt club head measurement technology with fr2 software
A great short game area measuring 100 yards excellent, chipping, bunker and putting tests.
A separate safe academy course which has 6 shorter holes and a driving range which is great for practice and development of the juniors especially when the course is busy.