CAPTAINS DAY TO JUNIORS
19TH August 2018 Tee off 1pm
Mr Captain (John Phillips) is proud to be hosting the 2018 Captain’s Day to the Juniors.
Having spent the last two years working within the Junior Council alongside the Junior Organiser Ian Jones, I am delighted with the progress and development of our young golfers and with the commitment of our match assistant Mark Hanson, who as a single figure golfer himself imparts his knowledge to our young golfers.
All of our team are fully CRB cleared on an annual basis and along with this, their experience and dedication we can ensure our young golfers have safe and successful golfing experience.
The day is for all juniors from 2 holers through to the 18 hole competitors
Captains day to the Juniors is a major event with winner’s prize, and Runner up prize, nearest the pin along with a gift for all competitors.
Carl Cross our club professional has been hugely supportive throughout and is instrumental in guiding new young players through his Passport Programme and on to the 2 hole section.
We are always ready to welcome new young golfers and if you know of any friends who would like to give golf a try, bring them along to our regular Sunday Golf game.
Happy Golfing everyone and I will see you on Sunday 19th August.Mellor & Townscliffe Golf Club welcome all juniors of all age and ability. You will always be guaranteed a game either in a team or individual competitions.
There’s a dedicated junior committee and helpers to run and assist in a full term programme of golf, including competitions and coaching most weeks.
Mellor recognise the need to develop juniors at their pace and so there are several group programmes to encourage the juniors to progress through the stages. The groups are not age limited and so enable confidence to grow along with ability.
Junior Groups (weekly programme)
- 2 holers – Juniors new to golf will undertake the golf passport and receive assistance each week via help from the professionals and club members.
- 7 holers – juniors that have developed sufficient skill to now with assistance play the first 7 holes
- 12 holers – Juniors that with or without assistance tackle the more demanding first 12 holes
- Pre 18 holers – Male juniors now move to the yellow tees in readiness to move to the white competition tees, girls stay on the red tees.
- 18 holers – Juniors that hold a CONGU held handicap play each week in the junior weekly competition.
The juniors take part in most junior inter club competitions where success has been achieved.
- Derbyshire & Cheshire League & Knockout
- Royal British Legion – Poppy Competition
- Manchester Alliance BMW Williams knockout
- Cheshire Junior Club Challenge
The success of the juniors has resulted in team members progressing to represent Cheshire County.
To complement the extensive golf programme the club hold accreditation and facilities to support the juniors.The New Golf Mark Awarded credentials
Official HSBC Golf Roots Centre
Registered Junior Passport user
Tri Golf and Street golf (soon) equipped
2 PGA Golf Coaches with a combined 30 years of coaching.
A fantastic all year round 18 hole golf course
A foresight golf indoor golf studio with gc2 launch monitor and hmt club head measurement technology with fr2 software
A great short game area measuring 100 yards excellent, chipping, bunker and putting tests.
A separate safe academy course which has 6 shorter holes and a driving range which is great for practice and development of the juniors especially when the course is busy.